Dr. Brandon Eggleston, a 1999 Teacher Education graduate at Missouri Southern, took over in July as principal at Joplin High School.

Eggleston attended Joplin’s North Middle School as a child and graduated from Missouri Southern State University. Later he returned to North as principal for four years before accepting the job at JHS. Some may remember Eggleston from his days as a first baseman for the MSSU baseball team. He played with the team from 1993-1998.

“Every time my old teammates and I see each other, we are able to go back to that part of our life and enjoy some laughs and memories together,” he said.

Eggleston says his father and mother were his primary role models.

“I still am blessed to have them in my life,” he says. “Also, Coach Warren Turner had an impact on me, and I still lean on the lessons I learned from him.”

Although serving in a leadership role can be demanding, he says it goes part and parcel with his original motivations to establish a career in education.

“It is a big job and I am busy, but I do have a balance,” Eggleston says. “My three kids and my wife are my priority.”

You May Also Like

Getting a Kick out of Life – Freshman Autumn Roberts puts black-belt skills to work

As she nears pro-fighter status, Autumn Roberts – a freshman criminal justice major from ...

Kinesiology Co-Sponsors Archery Shootout

Area school districts participated in the Academy Outdoors Shootout on March 4 at the ...

Garoutte Joins Team to Develop Lab Experiments

Dr. Michael Garoutte has been approved for a sabbatical in the spring of 2018 ...