Student receives Delta Mu Delta scholarship

• Madison McDonnell, a senior management/human resource major from Granby, was recently awarded a $1,000 scholarship from Delta Mu Delta, the international honor society in business.

“I applied for the board of governors scholarship, which required me to include information about my volunteerism, the things I’ve been active in on campus as well as references,” she said. “I was very flattered to receive it. Financially it was helpful with school costs.”

McDonnell, who was inducted into the campus chapter of Delta Mu Delta in the spring, will graduate in Spring 2017. Delta Mu Delta promotes higher scholarship in training for business and to recognize and reward scholastic achievement in business subjects. To be inducted in the Lambda Gamma chapter at Missouri Southern, students must be business majors and in the top 20 percent of their class. Dr. Jonathan Adongo, assistant professor of economics, is the adviser for the chapter.

You May Also Like

Social work program doubles its enrollment

When the social work program launched at Missouri Southern at the start of the ...

Carrington Harrison co-hosts top-rated sports talk show in Kansas City

IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT For Carrington Harrison, the appeal of radio is in its ...

Grads see success with Carthage’s Dual Language Academy

Southern alums Megan Wilkes, ’13, and Gretel Schmidt, ’14, received their education expecting to ...