Viktoryia Johnson Receives Award from Accreditation Council

• Senior human resource management major and Belarusian exchange student Viktoryia Johnson was awarded the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs’ Region 5 Sponsored Award in August of this year.

Johnson received the $500 award based on academic achievement, demonstrated leadership, character and service to the institution and community. What helped her most, she said, was encouragement from her advisors at the Robert W. Plaster School of Business.“I feel that what was most influential was my recommendations from advisors,” said Johnson. “They taught me how to show my leadership skills, what I can achieve and why I deserve this award.”

She also spoke of the importance of involvement, and how membership in the business honors society Delta Mu Delta benefits students by providing opportunities for networking, leadership training and experience in the field.

Johnson began studying at Missouri Southern in fall of 2012 in part to improve her skills in speaking English, her fourth language. She chose to major in Human Resource Management in order to improve the treatment of employees in the professional setting.

You May Also Like

Spain Reigns

Faculty, Departments Help Drive Spain Semester Programming There’s really no other way to say it: ...

IET Students Put Theory into Practice

Industrial Engineering Technology students are getting a chance to apply what they’ve learned in real-life ...

MSSU Students Take Part in Casualty Drill

On Sept. 22-24, a number of Missouri Southern EMT and paramedic students took part in ...